Helping people when life becomes vulnerable – whether relational breakdown, financial crisis, loss of a loved one, emotional, physical or spiritual healing or just being overwhelmed by the cares of life.
Lifetree does not provide professional counseling but does have a relationship with many of the fine Christian counselors in our area.
• Arbour Counseling: 4277 Quadra St, Victoria, BC V8X 1L5 - 250.479.9912 - http://www.arbourcounselling.ca
• Victoria Prayer Counseling: Charles and Claudia Dorrington, Victoria BC - 250.727.3722
If you are separated from your spouse, going through a divorce or are divorced, we encourage you to seek support. Whether you consider yourself the victim of divorce, or you initiated the process, we invite you to find support at Lifetree. If you think you are alone, you are not.
When the walk of life takes a different turn, we at Lifetree Church want to be available to help you make a forward step. We hope that this information will help in making the days ahead as clear as they can be. We ask that God would give you his comfort and strength during this most difficult time.
What to do first:
1. Schedule a pastor for the service. Call Lifetree Church at 250.544.8246
2. Select and make an appointment with a funeral home.
We offer the following services:
• Pastor will conduct the funeral or memorial service (While we do not charge for our pastoral services, you are welcome to give an honorarium to the pastor for the service)
• Sound Technician (charge $25 per hour)
• Use of the Auditorium, capacity approximately 175
• Use of Auditorium for after service reception.
• Music, programs and slide shows
• We have a sound system in our Auditorium and allow for live musicians during the funeral service. We have musicians who can assist for a fee.
• We also do have a large screen in the Auditorium on which a Power Point presentation can be played. Our Sound Tech can be available to play the presentation during the funeral service, but due to our limited resources, we are unable to make the Power Point presentation for you.
• We are also unable to print any funeral programs. Programs can be printed through your funeral home or by going through a local printing shop.
Financial Peace University is a biblically-based, life-changing program that teaches people how to make wise decisions with money. You will be empowered with the practical skills and confidence needed to achieve your financial goals and experience true financial peace. Each of the 8 weekly lessons focus on a different topic that will change the way we think about personal finance.
This course is offered at different times throughout the year at LifeTree Church. (http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu)
Besides our Sunday morning services Lifetree recommends the Victoria Healing Rooms as a caring and intimate place you can go to receive prayer for physical healing.
626 Blanshard St. Victoria, BC V8W 3G6 CANADA
Pastoral and crisis care, including home and hospital visitation, are available at Lifetree.
Please contact the church office during the week at 250.544.8246.
Lifetree pastors are available (and licensed) to perform marriage ceremonies. Couples do not need to be members of Lifetree Church (or any church for that matter) to have your marriage ceremony performed.
Contact the office at 250.544.8246 to speak with a pastor about performing your marriage ceremony.
Lifetree is filled with couples young and old who are navigating the wonderful world of marriage. We offer twice yearly marriage groups.
'Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage' is one resource we have found helpful.
“Improve your marriage and reduce marital problems with Mark Gungor's exclusive advice. Mark Gungor, one of the most sought-out speakers on love and marriage, explores the underlying dynamics of male/female relationships, combing striking clarity and practical solutions to common relationship woes. Mark's humor makes his teaching enjoyable, effective and memorable, helping husbands and wives remember these insights and immediately put them to work."